05-30-2020, 08:04 AM   #65
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post

Ahh gotcha. Hopefully the 35i has more options. The vrsf looks good.
The quick connect fittings are nice! I've never had issues on the connections, but at 40 psi, I'm sure it would expose any weak points. I feel like vendors use the quick connect fittings to up the price on us. intercoolers with standard fittings are much cheaper. Or maybe they do cost a lot more to make lol.

Yes, I'm thinking with maintenance and a cooler, the trans will be fine. I was making it a big deal based off 1 post I saw.

That's odd, my trans never shifts down to 1st. Unless that's a DS/x5 only thing. In my e90 on m mode, it just shifts and stays in 2nd. Pretty sure same thing in drive too. It has a SWEET looking M pedal cover that just so wraps around the pedal enough to prevent kick down.

I honestly don't know when or if I'll fix that broken wire to downshift with the gear selector.
Right now, the e90 has an M sport MT shift knob. Lol.
The stock one is ok. I don't like the newer style knobs when there fitted to the e90.
The performance knob with Alcantara looks nice, but it's about $100.
The on.y knob I'd spend +$100 would be this one.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395458
New they're like $250, too much though for it.

If you delete your spacers, you might be able to go 275.
I have et20 in the front with the 225s and it was rubbing left and right when I was lowered. I raised it half an inch and still rub once in a while
Et24 in the reR with 265 and with some spacers it would rub, so I might not even be able to handle 275. I think you should be able to with no problem.

I was able to pop 1 rivet out and the rest I just pried out with a panel tool lol.
I was thinking of using plastic panel clips on install next time around?

The bumper has no marking for the cameras. I also check and the camera mounting point is on the actual side marker. will definitely be tricky now.

Ok thanks, I'm going mug to see if I can find some with a different color halo.

I did briefly mock them Up for testing/pics They're so small compared to grill.

The halo color looks ok. The actual light output looks good too. Only issue is the size. They're too small and look silly behind the huge grill.
The light has a ground for both halo/fog and then the halo/fog have their own power wires. I have no doubt that wiring these up to the stock connector on the harness would still keep the cornering lights.

Here's some pics. Still have to properly mounted and what not.
Both halos
Low beam with fog light halo
Low beam with fog light and halo both on
Close up
Last one shows the light beam from the low beam headlight and the fog light.
Low beam headlight is the upper blue beam and the fog light is the lower yellow beam, pretty bright no!?
I just like the standard clamp and boot connection, really no need for a quick disconnect, especially if we run into boost leak issues when the boost gets turned up! I would think you're 35i has more options, my x5d doesn't have much of an aftermarket... even my 335d has more options!!

Weird! I'm sure your e90 has a different tune than mine since I'm diesel. I think that setting only works in m-mode though. That's pretty sweet though! The kickdown is another useless thing for my car, especially since I have so much lowend torque available... It was eliminated though lol.

I like the look of that shift knob!

Yeah I'll have to plug in my specs on willtheyfit and see how I'm looking lol. I need to realign my rear axle first, it's off by about 4mm so only one side rubs

So the way the rivets were explained to me is you push the middle part in, then use a special tool to pull it out, and that's it. I haven't tried it yet though so I'm might just be bsing lol. I hope it that easy to remove.

Yikes. So you almost need to retrofit the stock reflector on your bumper?

You're right they do look tiny in there! Have you tried looking at these?
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/as...led-fog-lights

I'm not sure how friendly the mounting points will be but these are very nice fog lights. My dad has a set on his super duty to match the headlights. Definitely pricey but worth it in they're output and quality. I'm still lovin the headlights btw