View Single Post
      05-27-2020, 10:23 PM   #56
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL18 View Post
I think my 335d has either the 6hp28 or 6hp26. From what I hear, the updated version is very stout and shifts damn quick.

That is whp. But also 100% injectors, .93 shot of nitrous, and dual fuel pumps. Since then they've detuned to just dual pumps and are probably putting down close to 450whp with just that setup. But the crazy thing is they're making a triple turbo setup now so I can't wait to see those numbers.

I wonder if rpm has a play in the transmission issues. My limiter is at about 5k but I usually only rev that high in 2nd, after that I'm shifting around 4.5k.

Do you have a link to that lsd kit? I think my diff is that lousy welded pinion gear one, which makes things more difficult. Any options I've seen are like 3-4k lol. I can get pretty good launches and I seems to split power 50/50, but for me it's taking a corner at high speed and feeling the inside rear tire spin which makes it squirrely and unpredictable.

Right. I always take what people say with a grain of salt. Not that they're wrong, but every has their own opinion.

Are you waiting on something to install your intercooler or pump?

I run both the stage 3 tune on both my x5d and 335d and I also have the customization license so I can further tweak the tune. But yes I think it's worth it. The best way to describe my stock tune was sloppy shifts, loose, and slow shifting or delayed. After my the tune and with tweaks I made it's tight, firm on shifts, and nearly as quick as a dct. I drive strictly in m-mode though so the changes in that mode are the most severe.

The Nittos are fantastic! My 335d could spin all of 2nd if I don't feather it once the torque bites. And at a really good price too. I'm almost thinking I may go with the nt05r in the rear when I burn through these nt55g2s, which btw have aged very well for how I drive lol. My car likes to eat tires.

You got it I think those headlights are in my near future. The output is surprisingly good if not better. As for the bumper I think I still need to figure out a good solution for fog lights because they're much needed in Maine. I was looking at this lip kit and I think that might be a nice way to give a more aggressive look while retaining factory fogs. What do you think? I would likely not use the side lip they provide just front and rear.

https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/11-1...-urethane.html

Not as nice as the x5m style but also better than the stock look.

Okay that's good news. I think my camera is built in the reflector on the front? Is that where yours is?
Ahh good ol nitrous lol!
I wonder how long the trans could withstand that amount of power.
Triple turbo sounds insane. Should be a good build!

Might possibly be rpm related if it’s causing heating issues and making the trans go out. I believe the input shafts start breaking due to the amount of torque in the first 2 gears. I just found a kit last week that strengthens the auto trans. $1500 for it I believe.

This is the lsd kit. It doesn’t say e90, so I’m not sure if it fits. I know there is/was one for the e90.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264498963829
My buddy installed it on his, but he has an xi so it made it hard to tell a difference off the line. There’s a review and install on YouTube about it. From the video and what my buddy said, the kit will not hold if you try to drift/do donuts but it’ll hold around corners and launching(from the video)
It’s not that it’s his opinion, but when it comes to races where none of us are around, the friend with the m4 suddenly starts beating everybody. So hard to believe when he says he beat this and that.

Nothing really besides time. During serious quarantine last month I caught up on the e90 with parts I had sitting around waiting for install. The pump was going to be installed and come to find out I didn’t have the filter for it!! By the time the filter arrived, I started to get back into the work grove so it just sat back in the shelf. The intercooler is not n54 specific so I have to weld some tabs on the top and figure out what angle couplers I need, but no time to do it. And get this, I also have a trans cooler sitting there that I have to install too.

Nice, the stock trans shifts in m mode feel slow. One day I’ll do the trans swap and get stage 3 xhp. I need to look into what else I can do for now.
All I want is DCT like shifts haha.
I also always drive in M mode! My trans is fine in auto (for the normal person) but I cannot stand it’s shift points. Always in M using the paddles. 1/10 trips I’ll leave it in auto. DS mode is never used.
I’d only want the trans flash for M mode purposes only. Auto and DS can stay the way they are haha.
How did you go about figuring the best tweaks to make? I’d be worried about changing settings I shouldn’t be.
How are you trans temps after running the car hard?

I got some Pirelli P zero Nero last year. They were pretty good. Now my tears have faded away and the fronts are still fine. Next decision, order matching tears or go with a whole different tire?! I don’t like having mismatched tires

Don’t worry! I will find a solution to this x5m bumper/fog light ordeal. I also want to retain them and there’s a lot of space behind the grill area.
That lip kit does look good. Adds some much needed aggressiveness to the bumpers.

My camera sits above the reflector on the outside too. But I didn’t look at the back to see if they were 2 pieces or a single piece. I’ll have to cut the side marker up if they are 2 pieces.
Appreciate 0