05-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #53
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post

Yea the stock seems ok but could be better.

I'll probably end up getting the jb4 first

Does the 335d share the same trans as the 335i?
I know the 335i can only handle about 550whp with a bigger trans cooler. After that it's expensive transmission builds. 1000torque is insane!
Yea an lsd would be real good for the track.
Haven't really gone out to look for anyone to race. There was this big car meet this past weekend near me. I guess my buddies m4 was beating hellcats. If I get him at times, and he gets hellcats, safe to say I'd take the hellcat? Lol

The left driver headlight is still the oem xenon projector. Only the right one is the aftermarket. You can see the left oem light travels farther than the light on the right side.

I haven't aimed the headlights. Same thing and aligning them?
I'll look into it and see if I can adjust the light beam upwards. That seems to be the issue from the photos. The light is aimed too low.
Yes if you have the zf6! Mine is stage 3 tuned xhp. Check this out:

These transmissions are pretty damn stout and can take some torque. I try not to launch too much, I'd rather roll race. But lots of 335ds putting down crazy torque with stock trans.

I think lsd needs to be next. This car just gets so flustered in the corners. Plus I wanna mess around and the car is not predictable at all.

Was it a manual hellcat? I know manuals don't stand much of a chance even with big power. The zf6 shifts really fast when tuned too. Also them hellcats are tedious to launch. If that was an auto that's impressive. For some reason dodges make all this power but they don't always put it to the ground :I have to feather 2nd too though, which is what I launch in, but after that it hooks very nicely with the nitto nt555 g2s I have on it now. I'm hoping to get my 335d to a drag strip this summer so I can see what I'm running for 1/4 mile.

Yeah I think you should have an adjustment screw on the headlight housing somewhere. Then you park on a flat surface 20 or 25 feet from a wall, measure from ground to the projector, take that measurement and mark it on the wall with tape, then bring the cutoff to the mark on the wall. The new headlights actually look like they have a sharper cutoff too which is sweet! I'm jealous man!

Also does your x5 have the parking sensors for the 360 camera? And does the bumper have the spots for it?