View Single Post
      05-26-2020, 12:48 PM   #52
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL18 View Post
I bought some d-pillar covers with the grille off ebay. Yeah the difference from stock is night and day. It's not that the stock is bad its just severely under powered and the factory eq sucks. The dsp is by far the biggest contributor to the sound though. It's expensive but so worth it.

I plan on running it into the ground lol. It's my baby. My mod process puts big appearance mods usually last though. I want to unleash the power in my x5d first.

The rear bumper would be a nice touch. I love quad tips. But power is always nice

Whew that's pricey! But they do sound incredible single turbo. 700hp for half the price and probably less lag sounds just as good though. I think with dual fuel pumps and a hybrid LP turbo and meth I'd get close to 700hp for around the same money. Oh and torque possibly close to or over 1000 lb-ft I think I should do an lsd first though because I want to track my 335d too.

That's impressive. I haven't gone up against any m3 or m4, I know it would win but I'd bet I'd keep up too, but I'm trying to get a buddy with a 2020 392 scatpack to line up. He thinks it would be a blow out but I walk 5.7 chargers no problem even with a shit launch. I'd bet I'd surprise him though. And yeah maybe one day!

I have my trust Milwaukee right angle impact to save me most of the time lol.

Lights look really good and that beam pattern looks good too! Have you aimed the headlights yet? I know on my e90 with the self leveling I've had to re aim it once before. Those halos are bright too!

So you're adaptive feature I think has like a link from the headlight to the steering, that may be disconnected. Or maybe a bad module.
Yea the stock seems ok but could be better.

I’ll probably end up getting the jb4 first

Does the 335d share the same trans as the 335i?
I know the 335i can only handle about 550whp with a bigger trans cooler. After that it’s expensive transmission builds. 1000torque is insane!
Yea an lsd would be real good for the track.
Haven’t really gone out to look for anyone to race. There was this big car meet this past weekend near me. I guess my buddies m4 was beating hellcats. If I get him at times, and he gets hellcats, safe to say I’d take the hellcat? Lol

The left driver headlight is still the oem xenon projector. Only the right one is the aftermarket. You can see the left oem light travels farther than the light on the right side.

I haven’t aimed the headlights. Same thing and aligning them?
I’ll look into it and see if I can adjust the light beam upwards. That seems to be the issue from the photos. The light is aimed too low.
Appreciate 0