View Single Post
      05-25-2020, 08:13 AM   #49
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

The wiring was simple, two 9 wires run from the front to the trunk. As for expensive I kind of lost track lol, but it could be done on a budget. Also I'm sure you can make a harness, but I spliced... I mean hey, who would of wanted the base system intact anyways lol. The D-pillars aren't necessarily needed but I had so many channels to play with on my dsp that I thought why not. And yes under the front seats, they're 6.5" woofers : not 8" woofers like the higher systems.

Sweet! I definitely will need some paint work done so I might pull the trigger on the conversion when I do it.

Yeah quad tips are worth it lol. So much more aggressive. The x5 is definitely more utility styled, which doesn't look bad, but isn't aggressive at all either. The fitment is definitely in question though with that wide rear end

Definitely impressive. I want to get a dynojet run in though soon and see how much I'm really making now. My tuner is BRR, he's the mastermind behind it all. We have to benchflash our DDEs so I send it to him and have and extra DDE for no downtime. The cool thing is my 335d and x5d have the same DDE. The m57 will most likely be pushing some super car territory numbers with his help soon. And yes the torque is insane, people say oh the torque doesn't do anything but then you get a couple car lengths on them off the jump and they don't catch up, then they realize they were wrong haha.

The n54s are still torque monsters too. You don't see many gas engines putting down that much more torque than hp, but n54s are twin turbo? It is funny how these engines adapt! I'd get my tune and a few days of driving later it seemed faster. What psi do you normally run? My stock turbos put out around 40psi, but diesel are different. I know there's such thing as too much boost in on a gas engine.

That would be crazy, I'd bet the torque would be over 500 too. I love how much power these cars can make with pretty basic mods.

I've played with some e90 and e92 335is but I don't think they were nearly as modded as you are, it would be interesting though

My 335ds engine bay is tight, but the x5d is way nicer to work on. But they still suck, lots of hidden bolts lol