03-14-2020, 12:26 AM   #57
mr____p
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW x5m | 2001 BMW 540i m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
RUNNNNNNN!!! Wow they don't know what they are talking about! Diverter valves have NOTHING to do with the wastegates... They are blowoff valves that open to allow boost pressure back into the intake when you let off the throttle. When they go bad, they allow boost pressure to leak back into the low pressure side when they should be closed. Again has nothing to do with wastegates and should have been on of very first things they checked.

Replace them yourself, will take you 5min for each side. They are the electro-mechanical valves located on each tube that runs from turbo intake tubes. Google x5m diverter valves. But first test the wastegates. Mine actuated just fine too but still didn't close at -10 psi and I got the same codes you did. You can adjust them pretty easy.
Wow, its really hard to find a good shop here in Vegas .

What you mentioned was very very interesting to me.

I noticed the light only comes on when I release the gas pedal in high boost, usuallly in 3rd gear or higher. It never goes at WOT, with gas pedal down. It only triggers the engine malfunntion light when I let off the gas pas 3k rpm in 3rd gear plus. That is really interesting statement refering to that its possible that the valve leaks boost pressure back into the low pressure side when you let of the gas. This can very well be the cause of this issue, since the light happens when I let off the gas pedal under high boost...
Appreciate 0