United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW x5m | 2001 BMW 540i m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsniperr View Post
Just got the word form the independent shop that

The new vacuum pump, the new boost solenoids installed, with the new lines has been installed.

Unfortunately it is not getting rid of the codes/check engine light. At a standstill with this car at the moment.

Not sure what the next move is.

$500 In parts $1500 in labor
$2000 down the drain
In my first post I listed out the order to follow. Did they ever test your wastegates? Did you replace the CCV tubes? And Like Twin just said, your diverter valves should be replaced too.

But first double check the wastegates yourself, will only cost you a cheapy 20 dollar hand vacuum pump off Amazon. At -10psi they should be drum tight with no play. You can adjust them quite a bit of they are loose (eventually you need to rebuild them once they get really worm out). Super easy to access since this is a hotVee engine.

I forwarded a lot of those orders to follow to shop today.

There response was

" we've replaced countless amount of turbos. As we mentioned on 1st diagnosis they are worn. The bmw dealership found issues with vacuum pump,solenoids etc. I talked to you about it and told you I don't think that'll will fix it but we could replace it anyways. We have beautiful activation of the wastegates, why spend time on diverter valves,crank case and etc if we don't have issue with wastegate rod travel or activation of it. You can stop by on Monday we can chat more about it"

I sort of agree with what he says but at the same time I'm not quick to pull any triggers just yet.

Seems like both shops have absolutely no test plan for these issues, and don't have a definite answer.
Appreciate 0