View Single Post
      03-02-2020, 01:04 PM   #84
Corsa Motorsport
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcontrollerone View Post
Awesome write up!!! Look forward to the times you set this weekend!
Thank you, I was able to best a 1:54 lap, a bit off pace from the original 1:52 to laid down the first outing. Second lap, the car still threw a drivetrain malfunction on stock tune, so that is something we will have to get to the bottom of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
I'm assuming thats a 295 square set up on the A052's. I may have missed it but what are the wheel specs? Sick build!
Correct. 295/30/18 A052 on a 18x10.5 +20 wheel. Fair warning, the 295 A052s run very wide! Could very well be comparable to a 305/315 in other tire models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
Such a dope project. Looks super fun. Please add more pics and stories soon.
Just got back from the track weekend. Will do. Plenty more to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoChris View Post
Great build and thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
Not into racing and therefore don’t care for the wing. Having said that I enjoyed reading the thread and appreciate all the hard work you put into the car which came out great.
I figured the Voltex wing will be a love or hate sort of deal, I personally love it for what it does, but thank you the kind words are appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refined View Post
Amazing car, great job dood!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugzZ BunnY View Post
interested to know why you didn't just throw in a jb4 for the extra power? definitely the easiest and most reliable way to get that extra power and keep the downpipes.
I wanted to eliminate as many variables contributing to the problem as possible. I will tune and add power later down the road, but I first want to sort out the limp mode/cooling issues and maximize the platform to its full potential on stock power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
Great read and nothing wrong with aero for a car that is going to live at the track.

Disappointing to see how wonky the power mods treated you after all that, but at least the car is smart enough to go into limp mode instead of shooting a rod out the bottom.
Agreed, and you couldn't be more right. It's a blessing and a curse. Frustrating for competition days and bettering lap times, but better than shooting a rod or completely toasting the motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPMSport View Post
Awesome build, thanks for sharing!
Thank you, much much more to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
Great thread 👍
Can't wait for more updates
Keep up the good work and keep down the track times 😎
Workin' on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
which wheel dollies are those? (the purple one in post 32)

love this build!
They are called GoJaks! Great investment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_M5 View Post
Enjoyed reading this and viewing the photos way more than I could ever have had it been another stupid ass YouTube feature.

Thank you sir for keepin it OG to the car forum world.
Absolutely and thank you. To get the best of both worlds, I did document this as a youtube docuseries that I will update for those who are more interested in watching video as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rli2bcz View Post
What front lip is that?
Status Gruppe, with custom chassis mounted splitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
Love the mood in those photos. That aluminum chassis wing mount is wild. Thanks for sharing your build!
Appreciate it!
Appreciate 3
243Racing1447.50
jmg18882.50