View Single Post
      09-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #91
khaosx5d
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbwsr View Post
Man, I can't read, lol. I didn't catch it was an X5 MMMMMM parts vehicle. What color is it and what's the condition?

Couple notes which might be helpful.

- I would check the performance of the ventilated seats before swapping them. My D has them and I can't even tell they are cooling while wearing thin athletic shorts. Maybe mine just suck but I think the system might suck in general. Plus all the pores just collect small grains of sand and similar. If you already have comfort seats it may not be worth it, regardless of cooling.

- With the HUD, my understandingi is the "M" interface can activated by simple module coding, no special hardware needed.
It's silverstone metallic. It was my wifes daily driver until she got rear ended in it. The right rear corner was hit hard and then she was pushed forward into a suv with the left front corner. Her cooled seats worked pretty good. Our new one has the comfort seats but not ventilated. I have been doing some reading about the HUD display and saw somewhere that you needed to change the cluster to allow the rpm counter to work properly along with coding? I'm going to start with the easy bolt on mechanical component swaps first and then tackle the more difficult electronic stuff later. I need to get the two side by side on my hoists at work to see what all I can move over on the suspension. I'd like to upgrade as much as I can.
Appreciate 0