09-05-2019, 05:50 PM   #11
AnotherArchitect
Private
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: X5m E70|PP Performance Tune|DP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryantaz View Post
I bought the same one from the same seller.

There was no manual but most things were fairly straight forward. Camera 12v can drive the camera power directly which is nicer than what some of the older units required.

I did have the center speaker connected incorrectly back into a Fl 1/Fl 2 label that effectively disabled it.

Do you happen to know if your Fl1/Fl2 wires are connected together? I just changed it last night and the center works on the factory radio but my aux audio is now dead. I am not sure if it is because i left those disconnected or if a wire came loose when I buttoned everything up (before testing like a moron).

I didn't have any aux input issues, the unit from this seller connects the aux lines in the harness. The external aux input they provide is just spliced into that. As far as I can tell if aux audio is bad it would have to be due to something else in the car also driving the aux (or pulling it to ground, etc). I bet that people who need the aux input connected just connected a dummy wire it would work... Aux inputs sometimes just disconnect everything when a plug is inserted which I think would be enough based on the unit's wiring.

-Rich

Could be the same issue here; I'll reopen it next week. It's such a hassle to reopenand put it back together though...

I'll update once I have some tangible info.

Cheers
Appreciate 0