View Single Post
      06-13-2019, 11:58 AM   #33
cd66312
Registered
Rep
Drives: e70 x5d, a208 CLK320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftronix View Post
I have a torqbyte controller and will be installing soon. Reason for the delay being I'm trying to figure out a plan to re-purpose the passive def tank (almost 4.5gal capacity)for the reservoir, much more efficient use of space and already paid for it in the cost of the car. Have to create a block between the active and passive systems then tap into it somewhere else for a feed line. Will be nice filling it up under the hood instead of trying not to spill anything in the cargo area.

You think about doing an EGR race pipe instead of modifying your charge pipe? EGR delete is also another critical piece to reducing CBU, gives you two npt ports also. I will be putting another MAP sensor in the extra port (ahead of the nozzle).
Deftronix I know I'm pulling up a dead thread here, but really wanted to know if you ended up getting this working with the passive tank, I'm getting ready to install my kit (devilsown dvc30) that has been laying around my garage for a while and really wanted to go this route but haven't found anyone else who has done it. I'm between this and using the windshield wiper fluid resevoir, as I really don't want to add a tank to the trunk, love keeping the car as stock looking as possible inside and out, makes it more fun when I get to pull on someone.

Also using a single 640mil/min injector as I have a EGR race pipe that is already pre-threaded for fitment of a single injector. Any reason why people seem to use 2 small injectors instead of a single larger one?
Appreciate 0