View Single Post
      05-16-2019, 10:41 AM   #47
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSmokos View Post
I've owned mine less than 90 days, and had the local dealer here inspect it, pull the maintenance before I bought it, then had him do the VSS after I did buy it. He said the vehicle is in very good condition. Then seize in less than 2 months.

The dealer here in Illinois is pretty big and a well known dealer with BMWNA I'd imagine and has some pull for their customers (me). You'll have to go to BMWNA to get the customer assistance and without a franchisee getting any revenue out of the deal (your indie), there's nothing in it for them. My recommendation (which was my plan B) was to get a quote from Ghassan or have my local indie (who is pretty good) do the rebuild and make is stronger. Seems Ghassan is around $11K plus whatever strengthening you want to do. I was prepared for $14K. Not happy with it mind you, but not tossing away a $28K car I just bought and equally unhappy with paying $39 for a 2013. All in all a shit sandwich. I've owned 8 BMWs over the last 30 years in my life and this is a first.
I'm very curious as to what caused the failure. It appears to be oil starvation but did the pump check out?
Appreciate 0