View Single Post
      04-20-2019, 12:19 PM   #12
Deftronix
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X5d & 20 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehungrymonkey View Post
Don't wanna hijack this thread, but Deftronix maillbox is all full...popular! So Def, can you advise?

I have a 10 inch sub in the trunk and a decent amp for it. I am running 2 other amps for the 14 other speakers in the car..with the 8 inch underseat bridged.

1. I was gonna swap out the 8 stock with rockford fosgate 8 but you mention a mosconi 8"? is that underseat..if so how and what model?
We are very limited for options as far as what can fit below the seats unfortunately. They are Mosconi Gladen HG-201BMW-3. No modifications of the stock enclosures needed or need to bridge because of the low 3ohm impedance.

How do you plan on managing freqs? Crossovers (on amps or external) or DSP? Went for SQ as priority so planned DSP from the start so bought amps without crossover circuits and have a dedicated channel for every component.

Technically don't have any crossover hardware in the system at all and amp channels are only receiving the freqs that each component are using because of the dsp so absolute minimum overall distortion.

I ditched the center and d-pillar components so use 10 channels for the front/rear, underseat midbass & 2 channels bridged for the JL 13".

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehungrymonkey View Post
2. I was thinking what is really missing are some 6 inch...but of course we have nowhere to add them so I was considering putting a pair in some kinda enclosure just behind the back seat in a fiberglass enclosure...kinda where the headrest is in the back...do you think it's a dumb idea?

Thanks!...love you setup...expensive hobby..doing the NBTevo seemed expensive at the time until I started adding audio hardware...eeek!
Wouldn't add 6's unless you modify the door panels to fit them. I looked into this but was more than I wanted to spend and they wouldn't have ended up in optimal listening positions anyway. Another situation where we are very limited as far as quality 4" mids to choose from. Used Morel MT350 tweeters & MW4 mids in my system.

It's one of the best returns though! Completely worth it, enjoy it everyday. I run the Avin 10" unit. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Appreciate 0