View Single Post
      03-26-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
Kaltrin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x5 50i Msport

X5, water damage to jbe. Car not starting or cranking

So, the car had water on the passenger side floor, a ton of it. the car worked fine until my brother was driving on the highway and the car completely lost electronics power and the engine was still running, but also died after a few seconds.

We tried jumping it and getting a new battery but the car doesn't start. All electronics work when the car goes into ACC. you try to start it and you hear i think the fuel pump turning on, but no crank or anything. There are a ton of faults in the idrive and the car doesn't go into neutral. We towed it to the shop and scanned it and got a ton of codes pretty much everything. we starting looking at the fuses and saw that it was wet a bit. Looked into it and saw that the jbe plugs were rusted and started to miss pins. so we ordered a new (used) jBE with the fuse box also. once we got the new jbe we installed it and same outcome, but now the car won't read the dme "no communication with computer unit" or something like. we decided to change the plugs also, but nothing changed. we noticed we are not getting any power to all the engine management fuses. We looked at the DME but that looks in good condition.

Does anyone know what it could be?

Last edited by Kaltrin; 03-26-2019 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0