View Single Post
      01-16-2019, 02:11 PM   #462
roman705
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 50i

Hi everyone! New to the forum. I have an 2009 X6 with 60k miles and had all the same issues everyone else was having. Burn a quart of oil once a week and white smoking coming out the pipes when idling. Took the car in as soon as the lawsuit was approved in October. They tested it ONLY once and said I would be getting a new engine. Was told the engines were on backorder till January. Called them end of December to just get an update and they said the lawsuit has changed and I needed to bring my car back in again to get tested. Now BMW will only cover things related to OIL CONSUMPTION. Nothing else. So instead of getting a new engine (which they now say is still backorder for 90days) I got all new valves instead. Didn't even get a choice. They said "BMW will fix your engine to what ever is cheapest for them to do so to fix the oil consumption problem." Hence, no new engine. But it was ALL FREE and I got a loaner for 2 weeks. They told me my turbos were ok, but the turbo lines needed to be changed. Would cost about 3k but they offered me 10% off. Can't afford to do that. F'n BS. Love the car. Hate the problems. I just put it up for sale. Hope everyone else is having better luck!!!
Appreciate 0