View Single Post
      11-30-2018, 12:49 PM   #1
Lunker325
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M / 991.2 C4S

Adaptive LED Headlights not working – FRM Module?

Got a headlight out warning the other day when I started the truck (2013 X5M with LED headlights) after getting out of work. Got out and looked at the light, and sure enough it was out along with the halos, but the amber side marker strip was working. I cycled the light switch from Auto to on and back to Auto, and it has worked ever since. Read the codes when I got home and see there are errors on both headlights, and for both high and low beams. Lights have not acted up until this incident, however I now realize the adaptive function is not working, and has not for quite some time. Strange thing is that I have never had any error codes for a malfunction with the adaptive lights. I have been getting LIN BUS errors that look to be related to the cameras, which I’ve read flow through the FRM as well.

Could this be a symptom that the FRM module is on its way out since the FRM controls the AHL function? I’ve read about the typical failure symptoms of the FRM, and do not recall ever having any of them.

Appreciate any help!
Attached Images