9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9vapors View Post
Thanks, I'll get caught up in the other thread so I have a better idea what everyone is doing... I'll look forward to your pics, good luck with the downpipes, mine sucked to install.
How do you like the downpipes, performance? Is it much louder under normal cruise conditions (80-90mph on freeway?)

Ya Mine are REALLY going to suck to install, I got an amazing deal on some for a 550i, so I have to cut and weld it into the original pipe as the 550i as you can imagine is a bit different where it connects to the rest of the exhaust. These have built in mini-resonators on them too, should be interesting....Hope to have enough time off work tomorrow and Wednesday to finish...
Shouldn't be too much louder if you're running an exhaust already... plus I see yours have some cats built in, so might make it a little quieter. Mine were the VRSF, under $500 and have the flex pipe as well. I wrapped them and am running the Velos stg2+ tune. I couldn't live without them now. I had a tough time getting the top vband lines up on the turbos, that was the hardest part since intakes so far in you can't get much leverage to force them in. No need to take the exhaust off, just unhook the hangers.
Appreciate 0