Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardR0404 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
I bought it from bimmer retrofit.

Great support bar non.

Price varies with options and what your car has and what you want.

But the price is almost the same between the older versions and the newer versions so just go new.

You'll enjoy your e70 more.

The infotainment was the only thing I liked more on the newer F model X5's and the interior was nicer but liked the outside styling of the E-70 more so getting its infotainment was getting closer to the perfect blend for me.

I have a post here somewhere here that you can see it installed.

F10 to e70 steering wheel swap I think it's called.
I agree with E70( most e generation) are the best looking Bimmers out there so when they announced 2014 X5 I went to dealer ordered a new e70 diesel(without the m sport package, i couldn't stand the front end look of it...strangely dealer have all those diesel with m sport package on the lot, with different color interior which none of them are white, and white isn't an option which sucks, anyway I'm getting my interior retrain next year) a little bit off topic...
I have couple question about your car.
I wonder if I am able to use the original dash display for the evolution system retrofit, is it possible? Also how do they solve the climate control problem? I don't think car with a Nbt evo have e70 styled climate control screen.

Another question is I saw you have those center console trim with 2 leather pad on the side. I wonder where could I get those, can't stand my phone flys everywhere when I'm driving...

Then it's the steering wheel is it hard to get it retrofitted? I really like the new g11 7 series one and I know I can't get one without adaptive cruise button from Europe. Is it possible to get it retrofitted?

Thanks.
If you want the XM5 / e71 pads you need to swap the whole center council housing and you'll need the new pads and bezel. It's a totally
Different part. Got
These out of a junk yard for cheap. They where like brand new.

It's a pretty hearty DIY and you'll need a whole day as the whole center council needs to be removed.

The steering wheel swap, you need to contact car systems for support but as far as I know only the F10 steering wheel will work with the coding box they have.

Like I said in the earlier post you can opt for
The smaller screen and fit that in the same spot as the original for a complete oem look.

The climate control issue is resolved with their own bypass module that shows the controls on the screen
Bimmer retrofit
Has all the videos on YouTube.

All in all I paid 1700 for the whole NBT EVO system same as you would if you bought the old CIC version so that's why it makes no sense to put old antiquated tech for the same price.

With the NBT evo you'll get apple car play wireless and android mirror options and a whole bunch of nice upgrades.

Also all the sound effects also change to the newer Bmw chimes and sound effects. Also the navigation is a huge improvement
Attached Images

Appreciate 0