View Single Post
      03-08-2018, 05:46 PM   #26
Audiophilepaul
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerboy63 View Post
Think of these fluids as the life-blood of your mechanicals...
Keeping these fluid clean and fresh is highly recommended for the longevity of any vehicle, especially high performance ones like our X5Ms

Recently changed my fluids at 85k miles (all were pretty dirty);
-Transmission fluid (filter, gasket ATF fluid, pan bolts)
-Transfer case fluid
-Front diff fluid
-Rear diff fluid - we have a 3 piece differential; (rear diff gear oil + final drive gear oil)
-Engine Oil - LiquiMoly 5w-30

I also accomplished some other things while it was in the shop... Installed wireless phone charger in console, reconnected vacuum actuator for exhaust flaps (I have been chasing this issue since I bought it )
The actuator unit was completely bypassed, causing flaps to stay open all the time - I know some of you want to have them open all the time, but not me; I like having the ability to control them when I want!

Total cost $1887.00

Crazy, coincidentally did all the fluids you mentioned and brake flush too last night. I’m at 72k. All the fluids were clean and so were the magnets, which is great to know! Nothing like piece of mind! Not changing the fluids in these more often than BMW recommends is the worst thing someone could do! Never, over 10k on a oil change or 60k-70k on transmission... Now, I’m going to every 5k on oil changes, being over 700horsies lol

I’d recommend updated ignition coils around 60k and plugs... I did break a rear axle, but that’s not common.
Appreciate 0