Thread: BMW buyback
View Single Post
      01-29-2018, 05:08 PM   #5
TRIUMPHT
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
We are done with this X5 and probably BMW. Obviously, a lemon and just hit 50k miles. Family does not trust it. Taking a look at the depreciation of the 5.0 is disconcerting. Anyone have experience with BMW buying back their lemon cars? Thanks!
Ditto i am in the same boat. I have had my 2013 35i CPO for now a year and a month. I made it the first 5 months with no problems then bam every two months another issue.

I have spoken to BMW and as the car is over a certain amount of miles it can not be labeled a lemon. Also they do not really start a process for a buy back unless you've had the same consistent issue with the same part and the dealer cant figure it out of even after numerous repairs they still cant figure out issue. They will keep record though of your compliants.

Per them and the dealer these cars are complex and have many different components so any of those parts can go at any time. I purchased mines with 44,000 miles and am now at 56,0000 my car has had $7800 worth of in warranty repairs and i have spend $2000 between out of CPO warranty repairs and scheduled maintenance .

I am done with my X5 and done with BMW but unfortunately i have so much negative equity that i really cant make a move without dropping a bunch of money or getting a vehicle with cash incentives so its not just the 50i. I have been offered $19,000 from Infiniti $18500 from Dodge and $17000 from Lexus.

Worst car purchase i have ever made in my life.

Good Luck
Appreciate 0