View Single Post
      11-18-2017, 10:41 AM   #7
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatmizr View Post
Dang. I feel very lucky that I introduced no air when using the pressure bleeder to change the fluid in mine this summer. Did not have to bleed any air at all. Just bled each caliper until fresh fluid came out, closed the nipple and went to the next caliper. Drove it and it felt perfect.
I should have paid more careful attention to the pressure bleeder fluid level to make SURE it didn't run out. I did check it from time to time but if I had heard these experiences I would have been paranoid about it, to make dang sure, as I would not have been prepared to bleed them properly. No INPA or anything.
You shouldn't have any problem when only flushing fluid and ensuring the reservoir stays full. Swapping the lines can introduce air into the system. You can mitigate that by depressing the brake pedal so it closes the master cylinder, but somehow I still got air in from the front lines.

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0