Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdoprey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
They give you a loaner? What is your deductible? They should definitely fix this under warranty. Hope you hear more soon.
Warranty is through Automation Ford(the dealer i bought it from), not through BMW. No deductible. They should fix it, but i'm wondering if the cost is too much they may want to do something else? I dunno.
No loaner. I live 350miles from them. They did say i could go to my nearest Enterprise car rental(50 miles away), and rent a car myself and save the receipt and they would reimburse me....
Shouldn't matter where you bought it !

If BMW is doing the work they should give you a loaner! At least that's what every BMW dealer I've ever come across has done.

Anyhow, I'd still think it's possible it could be a rod knock but interested to hear what they come up with. Another thing is they probably know what it is but use this as a tactic to bleed all the money possible out of the fix! Sorry I'm just a sceptic and been kind of ruined because My dealer I used to work for did this tactic for a while till shit rained down on them and they quickly removed a select amount of individuals for making that a common practice. Thought it was funny they never knew anything ! Mechanics are trained professionals that should know their way around any car. But alas I'm just being negative.... sorry.
Appreciate 0