sirdaft1
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Of course you would

I liked my wife's 2011 X5D so much I bought myself one. They are actually opposites, her's is white with black leather, mine black with white leather. I didn't want an N55 as I know I would mod it and I'm not sure I trust it to be that much more reliable than the N54. I'm probably wrong but whatever. I also only want one BMW to mod and that is my E92.

$250 tune JBD tune:

vs. 35i JB Tune:

I post the tune only dynos only to show low end TQ difference. So for DD I think the D will be better for driving around. The N55 obviously has a lot more potential and will be faster in a straight line with 8 speed and higher HP etc. Especially with mods. But I think the Diesel will get better MPG and it can also go something crazy like 600 miles before a fill up with the 22 gallon tank which I am also looking forward to. With my E90 I had to fill up every 4-5 days and I would bet the X5 35i is the same way.

Daft do you know how that transmission holds up with high hp/tq? Do you think it would be fine with Pure turbos and 100% E85 injection?
You're dead on right about gas mileage. I'm averaging 17-18mpg in my x35i, mostly city driving and some spirited acceleration from time to time (thank you LCI paddles and MHD burble )

And excellent question on the 8AT. That too is my question. Part of me is half tempted to throw on a big turbo, go FBO and shoot for 500whp. Then again, as much as I loved my big twin 335, it also required lots of monitoring/proactive behavior to ensure it was running properly.
Appreciate 0