02-09-2017, 10:39 PM   #110
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Can I ask - is it simply the header where I said this is why I won't drive a P-Car? Or was there something in my original post that has got you so upset and angered? Or was it my continuing to defend myself against the tirade of angry attacks?

I find this quite frankly amazing and rather staggering - I posted a short description of what happened to me, and wondered (at the end of the original post) why the driver might have felt the need to drive that way.

I've been attacked left right and center, had people desperately searching for a reason to blame me and make his behavior my fault... why? Do people care that much?

I never said all Porsches sounded like shit - just that one. I actually agree with others - Porsche and Nissan 6 cylinder engines generally sound better than BMW, especially in the latter years - I think over the past 20 years BMW have muted the sound of their cars more and more, and then turbos don't help the exhaust note which they're just discovering now. But OMG - you'd think people had been butt-impaled with a hot poker - went off ranting and raving.

I expect online forums to have their quirky people, but holy shit... this place is un-fucking-believable...
Last post since you asked a somewhat reasonable question. Your title would hold some weight but here's where it opens up like a strainer. You complain about a particular brand driver and state you would never buy that car because of the way said person was driving the car. Now stay with me on this part.......you drive a BMW and it's a known fact that the general populous believes BMW drivers are the biggest ass hats on the road. Yet you own one......you see where your statement is one big ball of contradiction. So people draw the conclusion that you have P-Car envy, or you are full of yourself. Now you can act like this is your first BMW and you didn't know the stigma associated with owning one. If it's the latter then I'm still waiting for you to start your FS thread. Last word.....if you buy a car based on the way you see people drive them, I hope Uber is large in Austin cause you'll be walking. And based on your title......you buy based on how you see it driven. Now, do you understand why people have launched a "Your thread makes no sense" campaign.....peace.........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0