View Single Post
      12-20-2016, 06:31 AM   #2
Tailwinds
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X6m

Nice write up. I'll add on as my situation is almost exactly opposite. I've had the Velos stage two for two years and love it. I decided to install the JB4 for what should be a faster car than the Velos gave me. I bought the entire package with BCM and bluetooth. My car is stock other than downpipes. The info on this forum for the install was needed as it's officially a Beta version and instructions a bit informal. Once I labeled all the wires, found where everything is it went pretty smooth. I'm also not savvy or experienced with this type of operation. You are supposed to use a low powered mode at first and send readings (maps) to the JB4 guys for some tweeks. I didn't quite get that message and went through all the modes. The app is great, no wires to fish through the car and you can instantly log and send maps to the JB4 guys.
Bear in mind that I only had one day with this install as the next day my original battery died so I pulled the JB4 (took 15min) and got the car to the dealer. While there I decided to move on to another car so I didn't reinstall the JB4. However, for me, I felt the JB4 positively provided more power than the Velos as I was expecting. In mode 4 it had more power at every point in the RPM range according to my but dyno.
Like Mwin said, they are apples in oranges to compare. For me, I would have to go with the JB4 over the Velos not so much for price but for the control over power modes done on the fly from your steering wheel buttons and getting more boost (I think that's where the extra power is coming from). Looks like our reviews will leave everyone puzzled now.

Last edited by Tailwinds; 12-20-2016 at 06:38 AM..
Appreciate 0