View Single Post
      09-21-2016, 09:16 AM   #23
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Revolving door of BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenm View Post
Beautiful truck you have ... terrible this happened.

If you haven't already I would talk to an attorney right away since that is quite a bit of water damage no reason they shouldn't cover the cost to replace the entire dash and iDrive interface since it is completely ruined and waterlogged, especially if you have before/after photos.

Things like this is why I get don't like anyone touching my cars.
I agree, I never let anyone else work on my car, aside from tint. That may change now though. It is just that I have tinted a few cars and it never comes out well. It just takes more patience than I have... kinda like painting.

My gf and I were talking. She thinks I just have terrible luck with cars. After going through it, nearly every car I've had has had some form of serious or catastrophic damage that was not directly my fault. This is spanning about 10 cars and 15 years. Including the loaner I just got from taking my X5M in for recalls. http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...php?p=20585592

So, on to my experience at the dealer. I went to BMW Houston North, to avoid BMW Midtown, as I've had poor experiences there and so did another forum member recently. They did have a loaner, only a week out and didn't argue about any of the recalls on the car. Skipping the whole loaner sunroof incident: when I got the car back, they said they did the injector replacement and crank case vent tube. They said that the recall only covered the center vent tube, but my side tubes were leaking and they recommend I replace them for a low sum of $1499. I said, "no thanks" I'll pay a hundred and do them myself. However, while driving home I noticed that the car was pretty low on power and making significantly more turbo boost noise than before.

Fast forward to a few days later, I get the chance to have a look in there. They didn't replace the screw on the drivers turbo inlet... so that had backed off. Also, the driver side vent hose was completely broken in half and just hanging there. It was sitting in a spot that made it very obvious that someone just stuck it down there after breaking it. Long story short, I can tell with 99.9% certainty that the way the intake hose clamps were positioned, they would have needed to remove only the driver turbo inlet and it would have been a pain to put back in... so they must have just said F-it. Oh yeah.. they also left some blue tape on the injector lines, which I guess shows me that they were paying attention to that part of the install. However, something tells me that is not supposed to be left on there permanently.

Appreciate 0