View Single Post
      12-02-2015, 05:46 PM   #9
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

While I fully agree with you guys in regards with the shape, exercise and that everybody should put some little effort in maintaining a good and healthy body, I disagree with you lack of self confidence.
I am a very conscientious person as well and while I like things clean and organized I started to realize that some things are how they are.
Let's take a car for example: regardless how much care you take, wash it, polish it, etc., that car will look very good in comparison with so many other cars but it will never be perfect except if you don't drive it. Using it, it will still get little scratches from some sand, dust, rock chips, etc.
I hate that but I am working with my mind to accept the reality.

Once you do whatever you can, be happy with your results. While you are grateful for a another day of work and improving, why can not you extend that gratitude towards yourself? If you are puting efforts towards a specific goal, give yourself a set of mental applause and be happy with who you are. You are doing something and that makes you already better. Don't stop there, do womething every day to evolve, but be happy that you are doing it. It is so important for your moral, your mental health...

I used to be always unhappy with many things. One day, I have met one individual that had just one half arm with a little finger that he used for everything including his iphone. It amazed me how he could operate and try to be "normal". What amazed me was his happiness, his love for life and joy. After meeting this guy I realized how lucky I am and that we are who we are, and we are responsible of our own being, our own happiness. Wake up happy, do the best of what you do, improve yourself and provide help to others, making the world a better place.

Appreciate 0