11-28-2015, 01:30 PM   #143
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerboy63 View Post
Excellent choice! You will love the gunmetal BBS SVs on your truck. I've often considered other wheels, but have yet to find anything that I liked better unless I was willing to fork out a bunch of money. Even if I did spend the money, I'm not sure that I would be any more happy with anything else.... They just fit the look of the truck so well. You will also notice that they are also a few pounds lighter than the 299s w/runflats which also helps.

Gixxer - still undecided about Brembos...
I looked at all types of wheels for months and I always had the BBS SV's in the back of my mind... like you said, they really do look perfect on the truck

The 299's on my truck had non run flats but they were still heavy and awkward to mount and remove...I thought you bought those yellow Brembos???

I also agree with you on the disgusting gaseous odor from the AA dp's, my parking garage is very big and I've been getting complaints from others on my extremely loud exhaust and how bad it smells like gas well after I leave...I may have to consider removing the straight pipes and getting some type of exhaust...Every time I go above 2k rpm, it sounds like I have my own personal trumpet player in the back seat

I did the unthinkable today, I decided to try launch control since getting the tune and managed to break all 4 wheels loose for a good 5ft on dry pavement
Appreciate 0