View Single Post
      04-01-2015, 04:01 PM   #36
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

This is disheartening. Seems like they are not adhering to any common policy, from Regional rep to regional rep. Surely this can be used in our favor, since there seems to be a widespread issue?

I have just purchased a 2012 50i M Sport that is not local, and I won't pick it up for a couple weeks. It has Style 333 wheels, 22k miles. I had asked for detailed pics of the rims before agreeing to buy it, to see what shape they were in, and I did look them over thoroughly for damage to the rims - but I hadn't paid that much attention to the centers. After reading this thread, I went back and can see this same type of damage to at least TWO of the wheels. CRAP. The resolution is not enough to discount it from being present on the other two wheels though.

Here is what I am thinking - the car is in IL, I am in NC. Since it seems that its a crap shoot with all these Regional reps, maybe I need to give the current IL dealer a call to see if they might be willing to agree to a replacement or repair. If they do not, I can try again when I take delivery here at my local NC dealer. This can only double my chances of getting someone to agree to helping me, right?
Or will the NC dealer see a prior refusal in their system for my vehicle? If they do, does that preclude them from trying again with the local regional rep?

I am not overjoyed that I am already contemplating my first warranty claim and haven't even taken delivery of the vehicle yet...
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star
Appreciate 0