View Single Post
      03-25-2015, 03:13 PM   #8
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Latest rumor I've heard is that Netflix is interesting in doing something with them.

I've also seen posted on many sites that the other 2 wont appear without Jeremy, so since they all have contracts that are up for renewal, chances are good that they will all go to Netflix, earn huge raises, and make a ton more money for Netflix, doing the same stuff as before (perhaps with a different name if the BBC owns the rights to that)

The earnings numbers that were thrown around for what that show put into the BBC's wallet are pretty huge, and with something like Netflix you have even further expanded your global reach and audience numbers. If Top Gear continues on the BBC with different presenters, I'd expect the ratings to be a sliver of what they were before.

I'm sure that time will show that the BBC will have failed at shielding the world from the blunt harshness that is Jeremy Clarkson, but they will have spectacularly succeeded at depriving themselves from millions of future revenue. I suppose as a public broadcaster they don't care amount money, they'll just tax people more to make up the difference.