12-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #63
AZ135
REALTOR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Jag XF Supercharged

Quote:
Good for You!
There are people here who would defend the 911 until their last breath. I am not one of them, even though I just ordered my second 911 (to replace my e92 M3) and my wife drives hers as well.
The 911 can be criticized for many things, looks etc but very few cars can be such a sporty DD than the 911 or such a good track car as the GT3. For me there is one huge thing that neither the Jag nor this new AMG GT has. Rear seats and AWD. I need a DD car preferably AWD with rear seats. The Audi RS5 has all these but there is no comparison in driving between the RS5 and the 991 GTS4 / C4S (I have to admit I have not driven the CTS4 yet) The Jag is simply not a year around DD car nor is the AMG GT. As a track car you can argue that the AMG GT will potentially hold it's own against the 991 Turbo but likely not so much against the GT3.
I'm not trying to bash the 911 at all. There is a reason that it is the standard in the class. I was merely saying that the AMG GT is a more direct competitor to the F-Type than it is to a 911. They all compete for sales in that price range, but the Porsche's most direct competitor is probably an Audi R8, not the new AMG GT or F-type.
Appreciate 0