Thread: New X5d owner!
View Single Post
      10-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
Fen335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / X5d / Z4 M Roadster

New X5d owner!

Hi All - I've been a BMW guy for a long time, but we just purchased our first X-bimmer....we found a 2011 X5 xDrive35d in Indiana that we are having shipped out to the west coast. It's going on a truck in the next day or so and we should have it within a week. We can't wait! We've owned quite a few SUV's over the years (GMC Yukon XL, Lexus RX, Dodge Durango, etc), but this will be our first German one.

Will post pics when I get the car out here, but the basics are:
2011 Alpine White 35d
Black Nevada Leather interior
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
3rd row seats (I know they are tiny, but will work in a pinch for little kids)
Technology Package w/backup camera and parking sensors, Nav
Ventilated Seats
Rear Climate Control w/rear heated seats
Auto high beams

Can't wait to take it for a drive! Really looking forward to the fuel economy this will provide as well (compared to our beastly Yukon Denali XL that averaged about 13.5mpgs) If I can average 21 or 22mpg in mixed driving (highway/suburban w/tiny bit of city mixed in) I will be more than happy.

I've been posting on the e9x M3 board for years, but first time over here with you X-bimmer folks.

First Mod - probably some good winter tires. I hear the stock Bridgestone Duelers are crap in snow. I need something that is good in both wet rainy conditions and snow. (I'm in the Pacific Northwest) Thoughts?
Appreciate 0