Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JensM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
The outside wear on the front of e70x5 is common.
There is no camber adjustment and the OE spec is for unusual positive camber.
I have 2 sets of front tires that wore on the outside 1st and i am very annoyed by this.
I am installing Eibach lowering springs to induce front camber, lower the center of gravity and improve the look of the car.
I dont know if this will solve the problem, but i do know that there is no adjustability for the front camber of the e70x5 unless you install different BMW OE fixed upper camber arms.
I have the 20" sport package x5d 275/315

Thanks Mastek,
I have also read a lot about this outside wear, I am however not sure all E70 suffer from this problem? - could imaging the wider tires could add to this problem.
Since I have just started to see this (over the last 4000KM / 2 weeks) and I have normally been very careful inspecting (measuring with a caliper) and adjusting the air pressure accordingly, I was just wondering if mine is wearing faster by adding to high pressure and by this make the problem worse? - I mean, 4000 km ago where I were running with lower pressure the wear were even flat over the tire surface.
If too low pressure, you normally will bear the edges on both sides.

Thanks
JensM
No - increased tire pressure will normally cause the center of tire to wear more. Higher pressure results in a slightly rounder profile.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0