06-08-2014, 07:14 AM   #1
Connery1969
Rep
Drives: X6-40D

Garage List
2010 BMW X6 40d  [0.00]
Shuttering during slow speed 90 degrees steering

Hello all,
We have just bought a 100k km BMW x6 40d. The car was used for long distance driving with proffresional driver. Always maintained at BMW and came with extended service & repair packages.

The car is much heavier than the little Mini Cooper S we were driving before, but the handling is amazing for such a large beast.

There is a few things that worry me though:
1)
When making sharp 90 degrees or more angles at slow speed the steering shutters a bit, which is felt through the steering wheel. We have driven other big 4x4's but they do not seem to have this. Question is whether others have expereinced this too / does it do harm? / Can it be related to the tyre selection (currently 19" GOOD YEAR Efficient Grip).

2)
When covering the interior trim with carbon vinyl we moved the seats a lot & closed/opened the doors frequently too. At the end of the day the car wouldn't start. We charged the battery from the charge points in the engine compartment and the car seemed to be fine after resetting some of its function. Then it was driven for a 300km drive, but unfortunately most of the track at very slow speed due to road works and an accident. During a longer waiting period I switched the engine off---Result it wouldn't start anymore! What a pain....finally a little Fiat Panda came to save me and with some battery cables it managed to start. Once home I put it on charge again for a whole night.
Questions:
There is apparently some cut-off at 50% battery charge - All functions seemed to be working except the power to the starting motor - Should it not be the other way around?
There was also a symbol - Orange battery + key symbol - Guess this means to replace the battery of the remote, which I will do as pre-caution - but can this prevent the car from being started?
Does anyone know how the system is suposed to be charged ( any specific charger ?) / How do I find the level of charge in the battery?

3) The car came from abroad and has a manual in Cyrillic writing...does anyone have a copy of a 40d owners book...it would help me to better understand the many symbols

Thanks,
Connery

Last edited by Connery1969; 06-28-2014 at 04:26 AM.. Reason: correcting typo
Appreciate 0