View Single Post
      04-15-2014, 05:29 PM   #12
RedG
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6, G35

Hi guys, I'm happy to report the issue has been solved. They replaced the sunroof deflector with some other one that has more tension on the springs. When you touch it you can instantly feel that it is at least 3 times stronger.
I drove the truck at higher speeds than 80mph and had no issues.

Here is what I did?
After I originally took the truck in for the problem and they didn't solve it, I made sure I answered the survey email they send as a follow up which I sent to corporate too.

*Days after the guy responsible for the mechanics at the dealer called me and ask me about the issue. I told him what his mechanic had told me and that this was a ridiculous answer and it was not acceptable.
*He ask me to come by the dealer so we can together test drive the truck, I did, and he noticed the problem saying it didn't seen to be usual. He told me he would test drive another X6 and get back to me. I told him I would test drive another also at another dealer and if indeed it was like that by design I had no other choice but to close my mouth, but if it wasn't that I don't think it was right and they should fix the problem. He gladly agreed being very helpful.
*Days later he called me and told me he test drove one and that definitely the noise mine was making was not normal, he asked me to come back again to the dealer so the Original tech that had said it was by design can see the issue. I did, the tech took a test drive with me and this time agreed that it was not normal.
They contacted it BMW engineering and got the part to fix it after a couple of weeks, the same tech replaced it, and now I can enjoy my lovely sunroof how it should be.

So if you having the same issue, don't take no for an answer and take it to corporate if you have to.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0