We recently posted the official launch drive event pics of the BMW X5 from on-location in Vancouver, now have a look at our photos. Our X5 review is in the works.
These are the xDrive50i and xDrive35d models. The xDrive50i is seen in Black Sapphire Metallic and Mineral White, while the xDrie35d wears Space Gray paint. The Black Sapphire X5 is outfitted with the xLine package (more details on package
The 2014 sDrive35i will start at $53,725; the xDrive35i is priced at $56,025.
The xDrive35d price is $57,525 and the xDrive50i will start at $69,125 (see full 2014 X5 Pricing Guide
Production began last month for the xDrive35i, sDrive35i and xDrive50i. They should begin arriving in dealerships by next month. The xDrive35d begins production in December.
Specs for each are as follows:
- 4.4L V8 (N63Tu)
- 445 hp between 5500-6000 RPM / 480 lb-ft torque @ 2000-4500 RPM
- 0-60 mph: 4.9 sec (0.4 sec faster than predecessor)
- xDrive35d (comes early 2014)
- 3.0L TwinPower Turbo with VNT turbocharging and common rail direct injection
- 255 hp / 413 lb-ft torque @ 1500-3000 RPM
- 0-62 mph: 6.9 sec (preliminary)
We've also reposted photos of the sDrive35i in Sparkling Brown and M50d (which essentially wears the M Sport package aero kit).
Follow all our X5 updates and features at: http://www.bimmerpost.com/x5/