BMW has debuted the BMW X5 eDrive Plug-in Hybrid Concept at the 2013 Frankfurt IAA show.
Although the X5 hybrid is being presented in concept form, prototypes have already been spied in testing, so expect a production model to be made.
Here's the skinny on the X5 eDrive Concept:
• Four cylinder turbocharged engine (approximately 171 horsepower)
• Paired with electric motor (provides 95 horsepower)
• Up to 70 MPH (120km/h) on electric power alone
• Maximum range of 19 miles (30km) on electric power alone
• 0-62 MPH (100 km/h) in under 7 seconds
• Average fuel consumption in the EU test cycle of 3.8 litres per 100 kilometres (74.3 mpg imp).
• Can be charged from any domestic power socket
• High-voltage battery is mounted in crash-safe position underneath the load area, whose capacity remains virtually unchanged as a result.
• Three driving modes: Intelligent Hybrid Drive; Pure Electric or Save Battery mode.
The full press release as follows.