While on the X5 press launch drive, we had an opportunity to see the F15 X5 next to its predecessor - the E70 X5. Pictured here is an xLine X5 sDrive35i in Sparkling Brown, a M50d and a E70 X5 M Sport.
The X5 sDrive35i
will be the first RWD X5. It features the 3.0L 6 cylinder turbo inline N55 engine, rated at 300hp / 300 lb-ft, 0-62 MPH in 6.2 sec. See full specs in the X5 Official Thread
. This one wears the xLine trim, which includes:
- Brushed stainless steel underbody protection panel
- Air intake bars, kidney grille bars and rear trim strip in matte silver
- Side view mirror bases, B0pillar and C-pillar in high gloss black
- Satin aluminum exterior window trim
- Roof rails available in Satin Aluminum or high-gloss black
- Sport steering wheel
- Aluminum running boards
- 19" Orbit Grey wheels (20" Y-spoke wheels optional upgrade)
The X5 M50d
features a 6 cylinder diesel good for 280 kW /381 hp and a peak torque of 740 Newton metres (546 lb-ft). It covers 0-100 km/h (62mph) in just 5.3 seconds and consumes fuel at 6.7 litres per 100 kilometres (42.2 mpg) in the EU test cycle.
Unfortunately, it will not be available in the U.S. But, it does give us a good look at its aero kit, which is essentially the M Sport kit. The only difference are the extra silver wings in the M50d's front air intakes. We've posted photos of the M Sport F15 X5 below to show how they are virtually identical to the M50d.
Unfortunately, the alcantara seats of the M50d are exclusive to the M50d and not available with the M Sport package.