bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGuyadeen View Post
I have a lot of respect for the posters of this forum and iv'e been on here for a while and Iv'e talked to some amazing people.

My previous post on pg.8 was in no wayy to offend anyone or sound like a prick.

I just feel bad that BMW would do something like this, I see bunches of people in Miami who drive BMW and cut me off, try to race, act like they know something, but people come out of bushes and buy a BMW just for the name and to brag and drive fast and have no care in the world.

This is obviously not the case for a lot of owners who go in for the right reason and have respect for other drivers. BMW's is kinda of like martial arts just because you have a black belt doesn't mean you go fighting everyone for no reason. I can name 6 occasions of bmw drivers cutting me off and trying to race and looking at me with such rudeness
There is a cognitive bias called "observational selection bias". This bias causes us to believe an observation occurs with higher frequency, when really we're just more likely to observe them because we have some reason to selectively notice those events. I'm not accusing you of some mental defect. Cognitive bias is a well known phenomenon that everyone suffers from. Even scientists who formed the theory of cognitive bias have shown that awareness of the biases doesn't negate their effect. I think your observation of the aggressiveness of BMW drivers might be -- to some degree -- observational selection bias.

That's not to say it is entirely false. Sporty cars, in general, attract drivers who are more aggressive. It's also true that Miami is especially fully of aggressive drivers.

As a business, BMW has an obligation to serve its shareholders. That means selling more cars. That means expanding its line-up. The natural consequence of this is that some brand exclusivity will be sacrificed. I'm not saying this makes me happy (personally, I don't care), but it's inevitable.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0