Originally Posted by jumboloan
For the performance package on the 5.0:
1. Do you still have 8 speeds or six?
2. What is the gas mileage?
3. Do you lose the sunroof ?
1. 8 speed auto - only the X6M gets the 6 speed
2. Same as the non-per package (I believe rated at 14/20)
3. No - in fact, I think the only way to get rid of the sun roof is to get the car in another country. All US models have it standard I think.
The perf package is just a minor software change that increases boost*. It used to be available on 2010's from the factory and is still available (although hard to find) on the 2008-2010 cars.
*I seem to remember the intercooler might have had an adjustment, but can't find anything on that.