View Single Post
      06-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygel XXV View Post
I wouldn't make the move unless you are ready to go to a truck.

Using myself as an example, I had an S4 before my X6, and I only switched after getting sandwiched in a 7-car accident. Around the time the insurance company was totaling the car, I said to myself, "Self, you need a truck." Why? Well: a) my new commute was going to have me stuck in the same rush-hour traffic that killed my S4, surrounded by the same crap drivers; b) my advancing years meant I cared even less about being "more faster more furiouser" than the next guy and instead valued something that would not ravage my lower back; and c) the state and federal government's ongoing financial budget crises meant our roads were probably going to be sh!t for the foreseeable future, so I would need a fast mover with capacity that could run even on bad roads for when the zombie apocalypse started.

Based on all that, I decided to make the move to a truck and the X6 fit my needs beautifully, but I definitely miss the experience of driving a small, more nimble vehicle with a manual transmission. If you feel you have similar needs, then by all means go for the X6, but you might want to test the 35i engine. Most reviews I've read agree that it's more agile than the 50, but rightfully ding it on power. However, you can do some simple modifications to address that issue. But there is definitely no replacement for the V8 sound.

Anyway, good luck with your decision!
good points! How do you like the dinan tune?
Appreciate 0