1045 West El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040
We at Sonic MS are proud to present ARD's performance downpipe solution for the S63 engine application ( E70/E71 X5/X6 M).
To order directly from our website, please click on the links in the product title.
ARD DPs - Feature Benefit Summary:
More information on ARD's Ceramic Coatings
The coatings ARD offers are capable of withstanding temperatures of 2000°F. In addition they offer excellent chemical and corrosion resistance and possesses excellent thermal barrier characteristics, providing a dramatic reduction in radiated heat. This means reduced under-hood temperatures, accelerated exhaust gas velocity and a longer life expectancy for the downpipes.
- 100% hand crafted in the USA from premium 304 Stainless Steel - flanges and O2 bungs included
- Water-jet cut 304 Stainless cat-back flanges, and CNC'd 304 Stainless V-Band flanges
- 100% TIG welded, argon back-purged
- Every ARD DP includes a set of ARD's exclusive bomb-proof exhaust gaskets
- Grade 10.9 Metric Hardware (145,000PSI tensile strength, C32-C39 Rockwell, Zinc Plated), and Nord-Lock positive locking re-usable washers included
- Factory location O2 bungs
- Lifetime warranty against any manufacturing defects given to original owner.
- Available with a 2000°F ceramic coating. Coatings come with a 3 year warranty against corrosion and rust to original owner.
- ARD Does not grind/polish their welds as some other MFGs do. Grinding welds compromises the strength of the welds, and can lead to catastrophic failure due to the extreme temperatures involved.
Ceramics stand above all other thermal barrier coatings currently being used in combustion chambers. Ceramics have characteristics shared by no other product, providing an unrivaled layer of thermal protection to piston tops, aluminum heads, stainless, iconel and titanium valves. Ceramics "move" heat, reducing detonation and increasing the effective oxidation of fuel. When polished, it provides a highly reflective surface that further aids in improved flame travel. Unlike previous ceramic coatings, ARD's coating is not subject to cracking and flaking, which can lead to extensive engine damage. In fact, Ceramic coatings actually strengthen the coated part. The cured "Cermet" provides a cap of material that can withstand far more heat. During testing when sufficient heat was applied to a piston to melt the aluminum, the Ceramic did not melt, rather it held the softer aluminum together.
The Satin Ceramic Exhaust Coatings ARD offers are the most advanced exhaust system coatings available. They are a very durable ceramic-reinforced coating available in various shades. When properly applied, it becomes the most effective thermal barrier coating available, increasing performance while extending component life, and has been tested to over 2000°F without lifting, cracking or flaking.
2000°F coatings are available in the following colors:
- Satin Grey Ice
- Satin Titanium
- Satin Blue
- Satin Fresh Blast
- Satin Dark Blue
- Satin Grey
- Satin Black
Please add 2-3 weeks to delivery time for coated downpipes, or call to see if we have your choice of color available in stock.
ARD's Ceramic Coating is available at an additional cost of $159.00.
ar design BMW X5M / X6M 3" Hi-Flo Catless Downpipes
MSRP - $1599.00
Extra Wideband O2 Bung - $20.00
EGT Bung 1/8NPT - $20.00
ARD's DPs are the only TRUE 3" downpipes currently available on the market. In addition to an intoxicating and exotic sound, these downpipes add significant power and virtually eliminate turbo lag, making the fabled S63 engine even more responsive. These DPs utilize 3 inch tubing until the cat back flange, and typical gains are in the 30 bhp range with an accompanying tune.
* All Prices listed do not include shipping and/or tax if applicable.
For best pricing and ordering information, please call me at 650-733-6506, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a PM.
Mon-Fri : 10AM-7PM PST
Sat: 12PM-5PM PST
We accept all major Credit Cards, in addition to PayPal and Certified Cashiers Checks / Money Orders.
We also offer professional on-site installation services for customers local to the SF Bay Area. Please contact us directly for more information.