View Single Post
      10-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

First off... there isn't a way in the world your truck picked up 80-100 whp. That's for starters. The "W" in front of the "HP" means "Wheel Horse Power". I say this because I believe most are confusing these numbers with the advertised "HP" of "CHP" numbers provided by BMW and in most cases tuners.

I had a 335i with the N54 engine. Since it looks like you have an N54 engine as well, you might think you are comparing apples to apples, but we're not. The exhaust is considerably different as well as drive train loss due to AWD.

JB+ is very convenient and will provide N54 (First model year of X6) owners with a solid gain of about 30-40 whp. Definitely noticeable. Now, running JB4, Procede, Giac, ESS, etc. with no other supporting mods will not net you more than about 50-60 whp. Maybe less, considering the power is distributed between all four wheels as opposed to the advertised RWHP numbers you will find on Burger tunings website.

So, what does an 35i X6 have as far as stock whp? Best way to estimate (besides putting it on a dyno) is to pull the numbers from 335xi's stock dynos over on E90post. From what I remember from the days I had my car, they were roughly 240-270 depending on the dyno and conditions. I had a RWD 335i and completely stock I had about 278 RWHP and 282 RWTQ. I will remind you, that is with power being put to 2 wheels, not four (in actuality it is only 1 wheel due to lack of LSD.. but I digress). That is why there is a considerable difference in power shown on the dyno between RWD and AWD cars.

Now, concerning recent dynos of 50i's. I believe I saw a dyno of about 380 AWHP. That is a stock number. Even with a tune on a 35i, you can't expect to be close to the amount of HP/TQ being produced by the V8. However, if you add some supporting mods such as full catless exhaust and possibly some higher octane supplements (meth or race fuel) you will get a lot more competitive.

I reached the 400 rwhp mark after investing a lot of money into the car. To expect the same or similar with simply a tune is not plausible.
Appreciate 0